Thursday, October 1, 2020

Late Grand Slam Arrival From Topps

When Topps offer this card from Topps Now series I knew I had to get it. I did, but waited for a month to arrive. It came in the mail few days ago and this what I received.

This card featured San Diego Padres hitting grand slams in four straight games, a first in MLB history. All of them were against Texas Rangers in a series as Fernando Tatis, Jr. first to tee'd of them in first game of the series. After Rangers perceived Tatis grand slam being disrespectful during a blowout made the Padres super motivated to hit grand slams in the remaining games of the series. At the end of the series Padres showed the Rangers on who's their Padre. I checked the print run of the card and its at 2133....and I owned one of them.

1 comment:

  1. Cool card. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a copy.

    ReplyDelete