Thursday, August 31, 2023

Bray Wyatt

"He got the whole world in his hands. He got the whole wide world in his hands. He got whole world in his hands. He got the whole world in his hands."

It's been a long week for wrestling fans especially me. I still cannot believe Windham Rotunda, known as his wrestling in-ring Bray Wyatt, passed away at young age of 36. To be honest, I couldn't think of the words to say. I remember the moment he popped up on TV along side with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper (the late Brody Lee) he immediately became one of my favorite. It was his characters, the entrances, and the way he spoke drew me in. Just like his saying, "Let me in!" I accepted him in my wrestling fandom. Throughout the years I seen his character reinvented when he started out as a cult leader to a friendly host that end up evolving into a dark form known as The Fiend. I was sadden he was released for the first time then super glad he was re-hired and brought back. I still remember his return at Extreme Rules last year. Just like his one of his sayings, "Let me in!" I welcomed him back in open arms with a huge smile on my face. I couldn't wait to see what's next in store for him. Sadly it was cut short. Not even a year after his return Bray Wyatt is no longer on this earth.

I have so many memories of Bray Wyatt from his matches to his promos. My biggest one when I met him 7 years ago during Wrestlemania 32 weekend. He had a meet and greet at FYE in Irving Mall. I got in line early dressed up like him. When it came my turn he loved that I dressed up as him and signed everything I got in hands which is a card and a shirt along 8X10 he gave out. Bray Wyatt loved the fans. I got a great memory of a wonderful person at the end. It's the way he wanted it. Made sure the fans are happy and enjoy themselves.

Thank you and rest in peace Bray Wyatt/Windham Rotunda for those amazing memories. Wherever you are in afterlife you're in good company with Brody Lee up there meeting you with open arms and being surrounded with fireflies. Huge condolences to his wife and kids along friends like Erick Rowan.


Bray Wyatt moments:




No comments:

Post a Comment