Tuesday, April 26, 2022

A Year Long Delay Box Break

The last of Topps delayed 2021 products got released few weeks ago as in Big League. I never expected to be released after numerous delays that kept pushing it well into 2022. In fact I forgot I pre-order a hobby and collector box last year and due to numerous delays I expected the set to be scrapped. Much to my surprise I got a tracking email from UPS and Blowout Cards saying the items got shipped. Talk about long overdue on one of last year's set.

The collector box comes with a figure along with five packs. Of the 10 collectible figures I received.....

Carl Yastrzemski in 1983 card design. Pretty good. From both collector and hobby boxes I got over half of the base set as 24 orange parallels, 23 inserts, one rainbow foil, but no autograph. Some examples I got:


There you have it the budget little frills set that was suppose to be released last year. I do like the cosmic retrowave look on Defensive Wizards insert set. I would have made this set different due numerous delays. If I was Topps I would have combine both 2020 and 2021 season into this set expanding it from 300 to 500 cards calling it 2021-22 Big League.

1 comment:

  1. Better late than never. The Yaz figure is really cool!

    ReplyDelete