Saturday, February 15, 2020

Starry Birthday on Ice

Tuesday was my birthday and I drove to Dallas for a Stars game that night. They took on Carolina Hurricanes. It was also hat night so I got free Stars hat as well mini poster of Ben Bishop.
It was wet and raining but I made it to American Airlines Arena to watch Stars take on Carolina Hurricanes. A truck wrapped in their logo and colors greeted me at one of their entrances.
Trophies are displayed behind a case featuring 1999 Stanley Cup to Conn Smythe and Art Ross.
Got my souvenir drink cup featuring Jamie Benn. What I like about it the drinks are bottomless. Drink a Coke product then go back to concession stands to fill it up.
The banners of retired jersey featuring Bill Masterson, (tragically suffered a fatal head injury during a game), Bill Goldsworthy (first franchise player), Neal Broten (Miracle on Ice fame), Mike Modano, and Jere Lehtinen.
Banners of their Stanley Cup, conference, and division titles hang on the rafters.
Unlike few NBA arenas I been to they allow you to get super close to the rink before the game. Talk about close up experience. I manage snag these shots from warmup.
Despite practicing in warmup Joe Pavelski was a late scratch. Anton Khudobin started in Ben Bishop. I been two NHL games in my life and both times the home team started their backup. Jamie Benn had a hat trick as Denis Gurianov scored on powerplay. Sebastian Aho got the only Hurricanes goal of the game. Stars defeated Hurricanes 4-1. Shot from my seat and they are good seats as well action.
Had a good birthday bash at Stars game. Would like make another trek again in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I really enjoy posts like this... especially considering I'll likely never get to see this arena in person. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! And I'm not a hockey guy, but these were some solid pics :)

    ReplyDelete