Tuesday, November 5, 2019

First Time Purchase

One product I never kept up is Topps Now. It's too gimmicky for having a card available to purchase for 24 hours and print run depending on amount of sales of the card. I been burned in the past by Topps when they introduced eTopps. I threw money in to it for years and didn't get much value in return. In fact I totally forgot I had eTopps account for over a decade til one of blogs I read mention about it. I dusted the account off and got half of the collection from eTopps portfolio on-card delivered costing me almost $50. With no trade/purchase demand in the hobby I'm stuck with "paperless" eTopps cards unless I get it on-card delivered. Last week I got Topps Now ad while browsing a website. One card they showed on the ad caught my eye I went to their site.
The one of Alex Bregman hitting a grand slam to lift Astros to 8-1 victory over Nationals in game 4. It's the pose and holding of his bat drew me to it along being a member of Astros. I end up making my first ever Topps Now purchase. I got the card from the mail today in a case with a foam inside to keep it protected. I hope Topps Now purchases become normal occurrence for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love me some eTopps. I'll pick up cheap singles whenever I stumble across them on eBay. Maybe I'll feel the same way about Topps Now in 10 to 15 years ;)

    ReplyDelete